Who are Humanists?
- Believe we can make sense of the world using reason, evidence, experience and shared human values.
- Actions are based on our ethics on compassion and empathy with the goals of human welfare, happiness and fulfilment.
- Make the best of the one life we know we have by creating meaning and purpose for ourselves, individually and together.
- Support democracy, human rights and respect the diversity in our community.
- Help inclusivity of non-religious people and there being no discrimination based on religion or belief e.g. in education, government, employment and provision of services.
If you would like to read and or know more take a look at these books about Humanism
Have you tried Stephen Fry’s short videos “That’s Humanism”?
For general information about humanism visit Humanist UK