Over the Rainbow Club – Death café will be a special self-help group that seeks to address one issue that all of us surely think about at times, but that we find uncomfortable and turn away from. Nevertheless, it profoundly affects everyone of us without exception, and yet still remains a taboo subject in so many circles.
The issue in question is about the end of life
- It is really so important that we get to grips with it.
- What it means to us as individuals.
- The issues around dealing with grief.
- Coming to terms with one’s own death.
- With considering what your legacy might be
- Of how you would like those you love to remember
- and many other issues that you might like to consider and share
And so Basingstoke Humanists are interested in the idea of sponsoring a series of open meetings to review and discuss this difficult subject.
If you would be interested in joining us come to the Aingels Café Bistro, Winklebury Way, Basingstoke, RG23 8BA from 7.00pm to 8.30pm, on Thursday 17 January 2019, and thereafter about every three months.
This will be open to all members of the public, (you don’t have to be a
Humanist to come along) and will address any related issue that you might like to share.
Discussions will be light, open and informal … And below are some examples of what
we have in mind:
* What does it mean to you to leave a legacy?
* What is your favourite joke or funny story about death?
* Where would you like to be when you die?
* What things make for a good death?
* How would you like to be remembered?
* What song or music would you like at your funeral?
* What final message would you like to leave with those you
This is extra to the usual Basingstoke Humanists meetings, so if you think you might be interested in coming along for a chat and discuss related issues about this subject that you care about, or just to listen to others talk about it, please do RSVP to me at my direct email address at:
Bodhi Shapiro <email@example.com>;