Title of Course: Introducing Humanism:
Non-religious Approaches to Life, links to the course on Humanists UK website.
Here is a list of what topics the FREE online course will cover.
- The humanist understanding of human beings: our nature, capacities, and responsibilities
- How humanists answer questions about the world (science, reason, scepticism) and the consequences for a humanist understanding of reality
- A humanist approach to making life meaningful and the value of individual freedom
- The origins and evolution of morality and a humanist perspective on how to be good
- The humanist vision for society (secularism, freedoms, and human rights) and the motivations behind their goals
- Different definitions of humanism, its history, and its diversity